MORE %#$ing SNOW!

Yep, just when I was blogging and sharing the local weather map, feeling good about the upcoming 4c temperatures, Mother Nature makes a turn and it snowed again on Sunday night.  Not huge amounts like in Boston or the North East of the  US, but enough at 3-4″.  Enough to paralyze the area & enough to close nearly 283 local schools.  Astley, Langham, Fakenham, Hindingham, Wells-Next-The Sea & even Holt Primary schools are closed. One of the schools, Overstrand Belfry who really HATE to be closed during storms posted this on their notice: Really sorry! Heavy snowfall on ice is making all routes into school dangerous today for families, pupils and staff. We will make every effort to open tomorrow as roads should be clearer by then!

It’s 7:40 am and I’m still waiting to hear if our school is closed, but I know the head does it utmost to open as so many kids come from just the local area and many walk to school.  Naturally if we could walk, we’d be there!!  We are not the norm to drive 30 minutes to attend school but we just love that Village School. Soren asked to walk to school today!   Ugh, I’m starting to think the local schools are looking good right now, but I’d hate to remove Soren from school, put in a new school for a few months, and return a few months later should we find a home in the area I really want.  Though there are two really, really great schools in the area, Hindringham (but it’s a Church of England school) and Langham Village School.

I’m also bummed that we have to cancel the appointment at Norfolk & Norwich hospital (45 minutes the other direction) .  Maebh was to see the Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon, John Phillips regarding her tubes (grommets) and Audiology for her low frequency hearing loss.  It took us 3 months to get this appointment.  So bummed that 4″ of snow is to blame!  Nils went out to the car to see if he can make it up the driveway, out on the road and back in… result after looping around the flag pole aka green circle, stuck in front of the front door – unable to get back into the carport!  Off to cancel the Doctor appt!.

Grr… next appointment is MARCH 25th at 10:20 am.    They said I could call back in a few weeks to see if something opens sooner, but this is the next available!

The pond in the back looks like a frozen lake where they can play ice hockey on it – of course we won’t!
Guess if we are stuck here, we’ll dress warmly, strap on our boots and head outside for another walk in the beautiful environment.

After all, you’re not sick of posts and photos of my kids in snow, right!?

UPDATE:  7:48 am morning text from the school – school is OPEN and please take care!  Then they texted again advising they are unable to make lunch and to please provide a packed lunch.  
I’m going to once again, be hopeful for the upcoming weather.  We have not seen the sun in a few days and it looks like it will be back soon.

Today

Snow
Max temp
1
Min temp
0
Wind
SSW
Speed
10

Tomorrow

Rain
Max temp
4
Min temp
5
Wind
SE
Speed
22

Wednesday

Partly Cloudy
Max temp
4
Min temp
3
Wind
SE
Speed
14

Thursday

Snow
Max temp
3
Min temp
3
Wind
S
Speed
21

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s