Just found a folder on my laptop with tons of photos of Soren’s birth and a bit of text about our experience having our first child, a boy. I’ll put them here but not write a big big post about it. Maybe I will one day but not now.
After a long labor, we welcomed Soren Chead into this world today! Some of the highlights:
- The gender was a surprise – we chose NOT to find out like so many others do.
- I labored for 24 hours at home in my chair – in a load of pain before I sent into the hospital to continue to labor again for a LONG time. I remember the hospital saying “don’t come in, we’ll send you home“!
- Nils ordered a Pupu Platter from the local Chinese takeaway and proceeded to eat chicken wings from the bone in front of me as I gagged and came so close to throwing up – torture, I tell you!! 🙂
- I had a second epidural as the first one didn’t work.
- The Dr. came in and told me I was ready to push. First thing I did was throw up as I was nervous.
- When the baby’s head was crowning, the Dr. asked if I wanted to touch the baby’s head – but I replied -“don’t I have to wash my hands first!” LOL
January 27, 2008 4:52 pm
7.6 pounds and 21.5 inches long